[GNC] How to identify the parent account of any sub-account

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 21:49:02 EST 2018

I have recently observed that in release 2.6.17 of GnuCash the parent
account is not highlighted in the Edit Account window, at least when
account colors are used for some accounts.

Since release 2.6.17 is no longer supported by the developers, and, in
fact, the current release uses  a completely different graphic rendering
system, this condition may or may not have propagated into the release 3.x
series.  If it has, it would be a reportable bug if the parent account
appears to not be correctly identified in the edit account window.

Thus I am requesting that if you are using release 3.3 and account colors
in the Chart of Accounts, please check a few accounts in the Edit Account
window to see if the correct parent account is highlighted.  It should be
the same account as shown in the chart if the chart is sorted in the
default order.

I guess that I would have preferred the parent account account name to be
shown alone without the confusing context if I was designing the window.

Thank you.

David C