[GNC] gnucash says gnc_build_userdata_path() isn’t available.

John Griessen john at industromatic.com
Wed Nov 14 09:22:39 EST 2018

On 11/13/18 6:23 PM, John Ralls wrote:
> Did you clear out all vestiges of the Jessie-provided GnuCash

I did search and destroy, but seems I missed something...  Any suggestions
for using similar to:

find  /usr -name '*gnucash*'
find /lib -name '*gncmod*'
find /lib -name  '*gnucash*'
find  /usr -name '*gncmod*'

would be helpful.

gnc_build_userdata_path() isn’t available.  That’s defined in libgncmod-core-utils.so

Does configuration in
/home/john/.gnucash
affect 3.2 or 3.3 install?  I think not since installing 3.2 via flatpak creates
/home/john/.var/app/org.gnucash.GnuCash

I'm using 3.2 via flatpak successfully, (seems slower).
I'll try moving /home/john/.gnucash to a backup location, then install .debs and see.

"install in this order
(otherwise see errors because of unsatisfied dependencies):
- gnucash-common
- gnucash
- python-gnucash"

Thanks for the hints.