[GNC] MySQL version update: GnuCash API recognize new MySQL database & tables?

Peter Holck pholck.basura at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 17:31:11 EST 2018

Thanks for your suggestion. No, with only my new instance of MySQL running
(8.13 running, 5.6 stopped) when I use the GnuCash API to create a new
shell database (shelldb)  and try to save as mysql, I get the same error:
"The server at URL mysql://root@localhost/shelldb experienced an error or
encountered bad or corrupt data". It seems to me the GnuCash API is looking
for an instance of my old version of MySQL (5.6) and if it's not running,
then it fails.