[GNC] Import CSV Multi-currency

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Fri Nov 23 03:08:47 EST 2018

Op donderdag 22 november 2018 22:28:56 CET schreef GTI .H:
> I did several tests on GnuCash 3.3 on W10 and I can not import without
> errors(adding extra split) a simple transaction like this:
>
> Date;Type;Amount;Value;Account;Category;Description;TX;Reconcile
> 10/10/2010;Spent;-10;5;Account(currency1);Account(currency2);Test;0.5;n
>
> Where: Amount*TX = Value
>
> Configured GnuCash CSV importer column headers:
> Date;None;Deposit;None;Account;Transfer Account;Description;Price;Reconciled
>
> Any attempt results in a splitted transaction and should not.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

I think you're right this is currently not possible.

In the csv importer rewrite only the csv specific parts have been redone.
However once all the info is gathered from the csv file this info is passed on
to the generic import matcher, which handles final evaluation of the
transactions. This is not yet rewritten as it is used by all importers. It
looks like this generic import matcher can't cope with the multi-currency data
it receives from the csv parser.

Can you file a bug report for this please and add your example csv snippet
from above ?

At some point I will continue the work on the importers, though there are
currently more pressing matters to handle first.

Regards,

Geert