[GNC] Australian Initial Setup Q's

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Sun Nov 25 18:02:13 EST 2018

On 11/25/2018 5:26 PM, David Cousens wrote:
> Stephen,
>
> Fixed Assets is available in the new file wizard when you create a new set
> of books. In the Choose Accounts to Create dialog Fixed Assets is one of the
> options in the drop down list of available accounts which can be added to
> the tree.

Gnucash users should realize that can create accounts that they need
without any wizards.

Just because gnucash does not come with a category of accounts built in
does not mean it isn't supported. To give an example, the organizations
for which I keep books do things like sell tee shirts, books, coffee
mugs, etc. That calls for a category under assets that is neither
"current" or "fixed". No big deal to create an account with a name like
"goods inventory" under assets (make its parent "assets"). Now under
here you can create a child, say "tee shirts" and under there accounts
for each lot purchased << lots treated separately since the per unit
cost can change >>

Michael D Novack