[GNC] Accounting Modules

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Tue Nov 27 10:59:42 EST 2018

On 11/26/2018 11:27 PM, David Cousens wrote:
> Steve,
>
> I'd reinforce John and Adrien's comments about diving right in.  I
> originally learned C somewhere in the late 1980's from Kernigan and
> Ritchie's book and used the language for a couple of years.
Not a bad way to learn  I used that book too. The exercises along the
way are essentially creating your own versions of the "standard library"
utilities.

C++ is essentially a "pre-compiler" language. Object oriented at the
source level, not object oriented at run time. Whether a good idea to
start with C++ might depend on how far you need to go. Just some
basic/routine programming or all the way to being able to define your
own special purpose objects that are from scratch (as opposed to
composed of existing ones in the C++ objects library).

Michael D Novack