[GNC] How does GnuCash autoassign transactions?

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 10:47:44 EST 2018

Joseph,

If you are looking for a technically detailed answer, GnuCash uses a
technique called Bayesian matching which is well known in mathematical
circles.  The success is very dependent on the details of implementation,
and GnuCash took steps toward improvement in the 3.x series by using a
modified algorithm and giving the user a tool to prune the history to
improve future matching.

I am not an expert on this, and I am not a developer so I really don't have