[GNC] Migrating to iMac from PC

Richard Jones richardtrevorjones at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 03:56:24 EST 2018

Adrien,
Thanks for that reassuring advice.
Before I retired, I worked for an IT company, Unisys, and worked on many
migrations between different mainframe systems. Always there were issues
caused by different operating systems and data formats etc. We would need
the full database schema of the old and new systems and work out where each
data item would go and deal with redundancies and exceptions.
This case appears much simpler. There is no database, such as db2, oracle
or DMS; just a data file, GNU Financial Data which, it appears, is exactly
the same on a PC and on a Mac and completely transportable between the
systems without modification.
When I do this, I will finalise this conversation by reporting on the
result.
Regards
Richard