[GNC] When will there be a new Finance::Quote version on CPAN?

nvsoar nvsoar at charter.net
Thu Nov 29 23:50:25 EST 2018

On 11/29/18 19:36, Mike Alexander wrote:
>> On Nov 27, 2018, at 6:26 PM, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.fremont.ca.us> wrote:
>>
>> Not here. It’s up to Erik Colson.
> Who has been asking for help on the finance-quote list.  If you have Perl experience and want to volunteer, that would be helpful.
>
>          Mike

FWIW - I made a similar query last October.  Two suggestions were
offered; use YahooJson as a quote source; or modify AlphaVantage.pm in
the FinanceQuote folder; (for Windows - in
C:\strawberry\perl\site\lib\Finance\Quote\)

Ameet Sengar's modification suggestion is to add 'sleep(15)' as the last
line of the 'foreach' loop.  The text of his message is below.  If I
remember correctly, the AlphaVantage.pm file is read only; change that
attribute before attempting to modify.  Restore the read only attribute
after modification.

All the best from the Carson Valley,
nvsoar