[GNC] [GNC-dev] GnuCash 3.3 Released

Richard Ullger rullger at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 07:59:40 EDT 2018

The following item appears under the fixes and improvements not
associated with bug reports...

'Set toolbar buttons to show both icon and text.
And make the icon small to recover some vertical screen estate. The
motivation for this is that Gtk has dropped the ability for users to
change a toolbar's appearance. And as our icons are often less than
descriptive many users benefit from having textual descriptions as well.
This is the best compromise we can make until the gui gets an in-depth
redesign.'

Is this a simple change that could be reverted by maybe applying a patch
locally when I build from git?

The change is hideous and takes up far too much screen real-estate. I
found that the tool-tips on the icon-only buttons sufficed but these
seem to have been removed as well.

Regards,

Richard