[GNC] New User Needs Install Help

Jack Stewart jacks at amug.org
Mon Oct 1 18:49:37 EDT 2018

About a year ago I installed a version of MacOS GNUCash and made
some set-up mistakes from which I could not back out. (e.g. I
found that after creating some accounts I could not delete
them.) It was suggested that I uninstall GNUCash and begin all
over again. Uninstalling was a very arduous, time consuming, and
expensive process for me and has left me afraid to try using
GNUCash again. I want to try again with v3.3 but while
maintaining my ability to escape from user errors and incorrect
set-up judgements.

I would appreciate any guidance I cn be given on how I can get
GNUCash going without becoming mired in "undoing" things which,
in hindsight, I want to change. I know double entry book keeping
but am a total novice with GNUCash.

Thanks for any suggestions you can offer on how I can avoid
having to repeat this depressing process. I need the freedom to
experiment with ideas and back away from the bad ones.

Thanks for your help,

Jack