[GNC] Ubuntu PPA

Ronal B Morse ron at morsehouse.com
Thu Oct 4 17:46:07 EDT 2018

It's a fair question, but when you're desperate...

I looked at his page (?) on Canonical's launchpad site and
saw that's he's been registered for almost two years. He has
been active (or at least involved) with several different
packages, mostly Japanese language related issues. Not a lot
of information about him, but it provides links to his blog
and website and all that looks legit. It's something. He
recommends GnuCash.

He's signed Ubuntu's code of conduct, so he must be a good
guy, right?

As is my usual practice when installing software from
outside distro repositories, I made a full image backup of
the system and other local partitions (clonezilla) and
isolated the target machine from the local LAN before
installing and during initial testing. I probably should not
have used a copy of my live data file...I'll remember to use
a dummy in the future.

Still, it's a good question. Others who are tempted to try
this might consider giving time for early adopters to soak
up any arrows this thing may launch and monitor the usual
places for problem reports.

Ron Morse

https://launchpad.net/~sicklylife/+archive/ubuntu/gnucash

https://launchpad.net/~sicklylife/+archive/ubuntu/testing/+sourcepub/9463135/+listing-archive-extra