[GNC] font size

Frederick Bambrough mlist at ypical.myzen.co.uk
Sun Oct 7 06:21:56 EDT 2018

In message <59F2E470-39FF-429D-91E7-3DBDFCD2CBA2 at gmail.com>
     Red Ochre <redochre77 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have the same question as Alex Garcia, below. I am a Mac user of
> GnuCash and the font size has suddenly increased and is too big since
> updating to V3.3 I looked at the GnuCash wiki re GTK3 but I’m not
> technical enough to understand. I tried to enter "gtk-query-settings
> theme” into the terminal but it came back with there is no such command.
> I looks like I might need to install a tool GTK3 and then learn how to
> run it. I hope I am mistaken here - all I want to do is to put the font
> size back to where it was before the upgrade to V3.3. Surely that
> shouldn’t be that hard.
>
> Thanks for any advice.
[snip]

Just been through this myself and had good help on IRC so...

In TextEdit type in;

* {
  font: 12px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
}

Save the file in

~/Library/Application Support/GnuCash/config/gtk-3.0

Name it;

gtk.css

You may find that placing the pointer over the 'Reconciled' column in an
account causes the tooltip to flicker rapidly. This can be fixed by
creating a new file in the same place named 'settings.ini'.

This file should contain;

[Settings]
gtk-cursor-theme-size=16

Hope this is helpful