[GNC] Lost my GnuCash data

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 04:35:43 EDT 2018

Is it possible that you have opened one of the automatic backup files
rather than your current file?  When gnucash is open it shows the name of
the file in the title bar.  Does it have a lot of digits in it (which will
be date/timestamp of when the backup was taken)?  If so then click File >
Open and browse to your actual data file (which should not have the numbers
in).  It should be called something like accounts.gnucash, or whatever you
saved it as when you originally saved the file.

Another possibility is that you have accidentally filtered by date so it is
not showing all transactions.  Select View > Filter By and make sure All is
selected.

Colin
Colin