[GNC] Posting

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Wed Oct 10 15:49:30 EDT 2018

"Posting" an invoice effectively "sets it in stone" -- it locks the invoice as
the final incarnation and creates the transaction(s) in Receivables and thus
makes the invoice receivable. Until you post it, the invoice is just a "work
in progress". For example, as you complete work items for the client, you
would add a line item to the invoice. When the job is done, or its the end of
the pay period (week, month, quarter, etc.), you would then post the invoice
and (if the job is ongoing) start a new one. It has nothing to do with
actually sending the invoice to the customer.

At Wed, 10 Oct 2018 11:50:53 -0700 Linda Gomez <lgomez at telus.net> wrote:

> I am so new to this program. I am wondering if when I 'post' something,
> does it automatically email the invoice to the client?  I haven't been
> able to find any information to confirm whether this is the case.  Thank
> you.
>
> Linda G

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933