[GNC] Split Transaction now lists 2 items?

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Oct 18 15:01:27 EDT 2018

> On Oct 18, 2018, at 7:58 AM, Jack Slater <theilliniguy at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I had been using the transaction split to account for varied spending from
> a cash withdrawal.
>
> It would be listed as 1 line item - ATM Draw - Cash - Split - $200
> ---- Opening the split I could define Expense: Dining - $110
>                                                        Expense: Cleaning -
> $90
>
> But now, when I create that same transactions, it lists 2 items in the
> ledger - 1 for $100 and the next entry for $90.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Two entries for a single transaction means that the transaction has two splits in the account.

You might consider using the "Cash in Wallet" account as an intermediate, so an ATM withdrawal is Bank Account -> Cash in Wallet and cash spending is Cash in Wallet -> Expenses_Account, all simple (i.e. two-split) transactions.

Regards,
John Ralls