[GNC] OFX Importer Matching: too many false positives in matching with repeated transactions

Milan Knížek knizek.confy at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 09:25:03 EDT 2018

Hi,

Although I assume that the Importer GUI was primarily made to reconcile
the previously manually entered transactions with the actual bank
statement, I use it purely for getting the transactions to GnuCash. That
said, I have other process to check the bank statements rather than
reconciling it in GnuCash.

Unfortunatelly, the importer tries to match as much as possible, which
results in considering many repeated transactions (utility pmts, rent,
etc.) as already existing in the ledger and proposes to "reconcile" or
"update and reconcile".

However, there is no such transaction in the current month - it probably
tries to match with a similar item from prior periods.

Is there any way how to make the importer less agressive at matching?
E.g. limiting the time span +/- days?

P.S. Note that I still like and use the matching - e.g. when a
transaction is already entered manually or imported via other bank
account.

Best regards,
Milan

Milan Knížek | knizek.confy at gmail.com