[GNC] Time zone workaround?

Clayton Dewey claytondewey at riseup.net
Sat Oct 20 13:59:59 EDT 2018

Hi All,

I recently joined a company that uses GnuCash and have been enjoying
learning the application.

We are a distributed company and do all business in EST, while I reside
in MST. I know there is a bug in GnuCash where if I save a file in my
timezone it overrides the transaction date and time to MST.

To avoid this, it seems that I would need to somehow tell GnuCash to
ignore my computer's timezone and keep it in Eastern Standard Time. Is
this currently possible? Are there any workarounds I can employ other
than changing my computer's time zone to EST (I tried that and it just
confused me :))?

Thanks in advance,
Clayton