[GNC] Editing, moving customer lists, possible child lists

Jonathan Ames jnthn.ames at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 16:50:27 EDT 2018

Hello,

As a solo psychotherapist, wondering relation between "Customers" and
"Accounts" (in QB, customers *are* accounts). Each client I see has their
own billing account, and (mostly) their insurance-related account. Aging is
different: insurers avoid payments frequently until dunned repeatedly.

Some issues with "Customer" listings: 1: Cannot move order of customers, as
you would in Excel, maintaining alphabetical or numeric sequence. 2:
wondering if a general listing can be established as in "Accounts" with
Placeholder (e.g. Doe, John) and then Personal billing, Insurance billing
and perhaps a place for Notes. I suppose I'm asking for a Clinical Records
template -- can easily imaging my own, but hard to move or expand actual
listings. One cannot group insurance co's as customers; e.g., rates are
different for different plans.

Finally, being new to Gnucash: I'm on this list, and don't understand much
of what comes through (e.g. database aspects -- SQL choices, etc.). Are
most Gnucash users also developers/coders? How code-database literate must
a non-developer (e.g. a psychotherapist) become?

Thanks,

Jonathan Ames, PhD
Clinical Psychologist
415 N. Tioga Street