[GNC] Gnucash 3.3 crash after upgrading from Ubuntu 18.04 to 18.10

Stephen M. Butler kg7je at arrl.net
Thu Oct 25 12:07:25 EDT 2018

On 10/25/18 8:56 AM, Colin Law wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 at 16:51, Stephen M. Butler <kg7je at arrl.net
> <mailto:kg7je at arrl.net>> wrote:
>

>     Be sure to do a shutdown and power on cycle first on th 18.10.
>

> When?  The last thing that the upgrade to 18.10 does is a reboot.

That was successful.  After that I shutdown for the night (laptop).  The
next day when it powered up got the login cycle that just went back to
the login page instead of showing the desktop.  Hitting clt/alt/F3 got a
terminal screen and that login showed the login-password working but the
mount of the home directory failed.

Now, I started back a few years ago (forget which version) and have had
a lot of changes over the years.  Maybe a newer starting point would
work OK.  Also, my home directory was encrypted.  So, if yours isn't,
things should work.  Anyway, I've since removed the encryption but am
holding off on 18.10 for a few weeks.

--
Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM
Stephen.M.Butler51 at gmail.com