[GNC] Feature request: Stock currency setting

rsbrux rsbrux at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 27 08:30:58 EDT 2018

You can just move the account, but the transaction currency is immutable so you will have to delete and re-create the transaction.

As for adding a trading currency to the security editor, it’s possible but the code for creating transaction currency is kind of splattered around (register, transfer dialog, scheduled transactions, importers, maybe more) so getting it right would be a bit of work.
<<

Thanks for the response.  To get the desired results, I found it necessary to delete the account I had created for transactions in that security and then recreate each of the transactions using the "orphaned" transactions as a model.  If currency is a property of a transaction, would it be easier to provide a way to change a transaction's currency than that of a security?  That would have at least made it possible for me to reuse the previously entered transactions, by changing their currency and assigning them to the new account.  It isn't even clear to me that currency *is* a security property.  In the price editor I found prices for the security in question in both CHF and USD.
Thanks for your support!