[GNC] Can't assign payment to multiple invoices

wail mail at wail-yahyaoui.fr
Sat Oct 27 14:24:47 EDT 2018

Hello,
I have a list of invoices and a list of payments and I'm trying to assign
payments to invoices (I'm using Gnucash 3.3 on Ubuntu 18.10).
The problem is that my client pays sums that are not related to invoices,
e.g. invoices would be $4 $5 $3 $6 while payments would be $2 $6 $2 $3 $5.
So I need to assign a payment to two or three invoices.
I just want to assign each payment to the oldest unpaid invoice(s).

I was able to add a few payments to multiple invoices then it stopped
working, that is, if I select two payments in the "Process payment" window
and click ok, then only the last selected invoice will receive the payment.
If I edit the payment again, only one invoice is selected.

That may be unrelated but sometimes the right click menu on a transaction
shows "edit payment" and sometimes it shows "assign as payment" instead
(typically after I edit the payment once and it gets split).
Also, in the "Process payment" window, when there are multiple invoices for
a given date, the list of invoices does not always appear in order of
invoices number. The list is ordered by Date but it would be better if it
could be ordered by invoice number in a given date.