[GNC] GnuCash 3.3 unknown error while retrieving price quotes

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 28 03:41:14 EDT 2018

Potential tips:
“It is possible to change which columns display in the Chart of Accounts. Just locate the triangle at the far right of the column headings, and click it to see the different columns available."
“You can set the Security Editor screen to display the Quote Source of a security, which makes it easy to see which online sources your securities use. Click the triangle at the far right of the column headings to change the display."

> On Oct 24, 2018, at 1:44 AM, Frank H. Ellenberger <frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> David,
>
> Am 23.10.18 um 17:10 schrieb D:
>> Frank,
>>
>> I might, except that I am a "One edit at a time" contributor,
>> insofar as I am incapable of working with Git on more than one set of
>> changes at a time. My repository is currently on PR115,
>
> tip_of_the_day is in gnucash, not gnucash-docs.
> But you can also send me a nice formulation and I will insert it.
>
>> which is stuck on the translation issue. Until that is finished (I
>> attempted to withdraw the PR, but Geert overruled me), I'm in limbo.
>
> I would really appreciate, if you could improve it. No one else knows
> better what exactly moved where without additional work.
>
> Frank
>

>> David
>>
>> On October 23, 2018, at 3:44 AM, "Frank H. Ellenberger" <frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi David,
>> can you create a tip of the day from your suggestion?
>> https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/blob/maint/doc/tip_of_the_day.list.c
>>
>> TIA
>> Frank
>>
>> Am 22.10.18 um 11:26 schrieb D via gnucash-user:
>>> Dmitry,
>>>
>>> Double check that every security is using Yahoo JSON. It is easy to overlook one stock, and the whole thing breaks. It is possible in the security editor list to add a column showing the price source, so that it is easy to see all your sources at once.
>>>
>>> David T.
>>>
>>> On October 22, 2018, at 2:35 PM, Dmitry Zaslavsky <dz at dzhome.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm not able to update stock prices.  I'm running v.3.3 on MacOS 10.11.  I
>>> updated Financial::Quote to v. 1.47.  I changed the source for all
>>> securities to Yahoo JSON.  I tested it using qnc-fq-dump for a random
>>> sample of securities and received good results.  And yet when I update
>>> quotes in Price Database I get the "unknown error" message and none of the
>>> prices get updated.  I tried updating via --add-price-quotes command line
>>> option, no errors reported, but no price updates either.
>>>
>>> Please help troubleshoot this.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Dmitry.