[GNC] No longer able to reconcile register accounts

Richard Ullger rullger at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 19:45:06 EDT 2018

As of today I am unable to reconcile any register account.
Reconciliation was working yesterday.

When I click on the reconcile button the reconcile information window
opens with the statement date populated with 01/10/18 (1st October) and
the ending balance equal to the last balance in the register.

If I click in the date field and press 't' for today's date, the date
remains as 01/10/18 and the ending balance changes to the balance as at
01/10/18.

If I attempt to manually change the date and tab out of the field, it
immediately reverts to 01/10/18.

When I initially click on the reconcile button to initiate
reconciliation, the gnucash.trace file gets populated with the text:

* 23:15:35  CRIT <gnc.gui> gnc_date_edit_set_time_internal: assertion
'mytm != NULL' failed

The only thing I can think of that has changed is daylight savings time
where the hour went back from BST to GMT in the UK.

I was running version 3.3.r0.g65c8357f5 and just built
3.3.r48.gdddc27885 where I am experiencing the same issue.

Is this a known problem?

Regards,

Richard