[GNC] No longer able to reconcile register accounts

Richard Ullger rullger at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 08:08:48 EDT 2018

On 29/10/2018 02:59, John Ralls wrote:

> Sigh. No, and I thought that I’d fixed all of the timezone and DST issues. I’ll be interested to know if the problem goes away when you try again on Monday.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

Hi John,

Unfortunately I've had mixed results trying to reconcile today.

The first register I tried reconciled without any issues. The statement
date was populated with today's date, 29/10/18. I was able to press '-'
twice to change the date to 27/10/18. The register ending balance was
populated with the last balance in the register and I was able to paste
a value to replace it and proceed with the reconciliation.

Another register cannot be reconciled to the correct date. It has the
last balance as at 28/10/18. When the Reconcile Information window
opens, the statement date is populated with today's date, 29/10/18 and
the Ending Balance is the correct amount. Pressing '-' in the statement
date box changes the date to 01/10/18 and changes the ending balance to
the amount as at that date. Pressing 't' resets the date to today's date
and the balance to the corresponding amount. Selecting a date from the
calendar dropdown has no effect and doesn't change the date. So I've
reconciled to today's date as a workaround.

Several other registers have similar issues and the error message

* 11:52:14  CRIT <gnc.gui> gnc_date_edit_set_time_internal: assertion
'mytm != NULL' failed

appears several times in the gnucash.trace file.

Closing and restarting gnucash has no effect on the outcome.

Regards,

Richard