[GNC] Online Banking Upgrade hosed Name and Memo field

Alan Marsh alan at marsh.ac
Tue Oct 30 20:31:41 EDT 2018

The "new and improved" online banking allows me to export to .csv, .ofx,
.qfx, and .qbo
I am using the File > Import > Import OFX/QFX menu option.

Even in the CSV format, the Description and Memo fields show the same as
<NAME> and <MEMO> in both .ofx and .qfx
I'm thinking I'll have to pre-process the file as John mentions.

I'm very out of date on programming stuff and only dabbled with Python
once... stuck in a corporate Microsoft world.
Any suggestions on what to use and maybe a sample script from someone
else forced to do this sort of thing. Last time this happened, I changed
credit unions. Besides this one problem, I'm pretty happy at this one.
Thanks!