[GNC] What is a 'pre-paymnet' and how do I remove it? [RESOLVED]

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sat Sep 1 11:36:41 EDT 2018

Op zaterdag 1 september 2018 16:55:44 CEST schreef Adrien Monteleone:
> Hmm... Not sure I’m following there. You assigned the payment to another
> payment? Is that even possible?

You can. It's just modeling a real world situation.

An example:
Imagine a customer payed you for a service in advance. However due to
circumstances you decide not to charge the service (service not rendered,
commercial compensation,...) and instead decide to reimburse the pre-payment.
Voila.

> I suspect you’ve got an errant extra payment somewhere.

Likely Rich's earlier attempt to make a payment to cancel the pre-payment
created this situation.

But without more details it's impossible to judge whether there is a hidden
problem or not.

Regards,

Geert