[GNC] Compiling 2.6.12

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Sep 2 00:04:25 EDT 2018

Indeed, 2.6.12 is early enough that CMakeLists.txt wasn’t distributed in the tarball though it’s available if you clone the git repository. I don’t remember if we’d tested it enough at that point to be able to reliably build so you’re much better off using configure.

Having gtk+-2.0 isn’t enough to build with, you need gtk+-2.0-dev which includes the headers.

The easy way to get all of the dependencies install is
  sudo apt-get build-dep gnucash
as stated in https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_I_heard_it_is_too_hard_to_compile_GnuCash.21 <https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_I_heard_it_is_too_hard_to_compile_GnuCash.21>.

That trick doesn’t quite work for GnuCash3 on Debian/Ubuntu unless you’re running Sid (aka unstable), but it works fine on GnuCash2.

Regards,
John Ralls