[GNC] Get Transaction issue

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Sep 2 10:36:24 EDT 2018

> On Sep 2, 2018, at 6:50 AM, Raymond Moritz <rmoritzsr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm running ver.3.2 on Windows 10 Pro. In the popup I leave it at "Last
> retrieval date. The grayed out :Enter date box has the correct last date of
> 8/18/2018. After entering the password another popup says certificate not
> trusted so I accept it. The next popup says import returned no transactions
> for the selected time period.(there should be 14 trans.)
> I then closed Gnucash without saving, restarted and chose "Enter Date,
> putting in 8/18/2018. Same result.
> I then went back to Get Transactions and the Enter Date box showed today's
> date grayed out. I manually changed it to 8/18/2018 and the Generic Import
> Transaction matcher window opened and showed the correct 14 transactions.
> This has happened several times and the work-around gets the correct
> transactions.
> Also, can the trans. matcher be edited and/or default accounts be assigned?
> Thanks, Ray

The second question is easier. Yes, as you build the set of saved matches (or match tokens, if you’re using the Bayesian matcher) you should see progressively more transactions match automatically. That does depend on you doing the matches in the matcher window rather than letting everything go to Imbalance and cleaning up after.

As for the problem of AQBanking consistently taking 3 tries to get the data from the bank, the best suggestion I have is to turn on logging for AQBanking. I’ve pasted in the section from the AQBanking README at the bottom. Your date format tells me that you’re in the USA, so I’d start with AQBANKING_STORE_JOBLOGS=1 and AQOFX_LOG_COMM=1. On Windows it’s probably easiest to set those in C:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\etc\gnucash\environment; you’ll need to run Notepad “as administrator” to do so. The other challenge will be to find where the log files go since “/tmp” isn’t meaningful on Windows. Based on the GnuCash trace file I’d look first in $HOME\AppData\Local\Temp, where $HOME means your user directory.

Regards,
John Ralls