[GNC] trouble compiling 3.2 release o rusing debian packages newer than 2.6.14-1

John Griessen john at industromatic.com
Sun Sep 2 11:31:57 EDT 2018

On 09/02/2018 06:57 AM, Geert Janssens wrote:
> The most likely cause is your build is picking the wrong version of libgncmod-
> app-utils.so (which is also generated as part of the build itself).

OK, I started from the tarball, used a separate dir to build in.

uninstalled old gnucash:
sudo apt purge gnucash-common gnucash

searched using
locate libgncmod-app-utils.so

find ~ -name '*gnucash*'
find /usr -name  '*gncmod*'

and find nothing.

Then rerun cmake to go in ~/gnucash-3.2 dir, not /usr/local

cmake -D CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/john/gnucash-3.2 ../gnucash-3.2

and the symptom is about the same:

https://gist.github.com/jgriessen/64774b6933483f44db45a96677d9b6d5

I try this every couple of months and still stuck using debian package
gnucash_1%3a2.6.14-1_amd64.deb
gnucash-common_1%3a2.6.14-1_all.deb

No other packages will run, (they do install), and no luck compiling..

More hints?