[GNC] Gnucash Flatpak 3.2 Mysql issue

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 03:38:16 EDT 2018

On Tue, 4 Sep 2018 at 08:29, Geert Janssens <geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be> wrote:

> Op dinsdag 4 september 2018 09:19:40 CEST schreef Colin Law:
> > Excellent, thanks for working that out.  Specifying 127.0.0.1 works
> > for me too.  I have updated the issue [1].
> > That means that for me the flatpak is a working solution.  However,
> > given the fact there has been absolutely no feedback from the
> > maintainer on any of this I am not particularly hopeful that the
> > flatpak will be kept up to date, any more than the snap package has
> > been.
> >
> I am considering taking over maintenance of the flatpak manifest. That's also
> how flathub envisions it should be. And it would allow us to make nightly
> flatpaks in addition to release versions.
>
> Colin, do you use online quote sources for prices ? I believe the
> Finance::Quote module is also missing from flatpak.

That would be great.  For Ubuntu the snap package would be preferable
but one can't have everything.
No I don't use Finance::Quote.  On startup I see
WARN <gnc.app-utils> Could not spawn perl: Failed to execute child
process “perl” (No such file or directory)
I thought that perl was only used for F::Q but I don't know much about
it.  Is there anything you would like me to try?

Colin