[GNC] Gnucash Flatpak 3.2 Mysql issue

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 04:19:09 EDT 2018

On Tue, 4 Sep 2018 at 08:47, Geert Janssens <geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be> wrote:

> Op dinsdag 4 september 2018 09:41:46 CEST schreef Colin Law:
> > On Tue, 4 Sep 2018 at 08:35, Geert Janssens <geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be>
> wrote:
> > > Ok, and how about
> > > --filesystem=/var/lib/mysql
> >
> > No joy there either I am afraid.
> >
> > Colin
>
> Hmm, that was on the assumption the mysql unix socket would live there. Can
> you verify this on your system ?
>
> And if it doesn't work, what errors do you see in your trace file ? (You may
> have to re-add your --filesystem=/tmp parameter to get a trace file)

I am not particularly knowledgeable on unix sockets but I think it is
/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock (which does exist) so tried
/var/run/mysqld but to no avail.

In the trace file I see
CRIT <gnc.backend.dbi> [GncDbiBackend<Type>::session_begin()] Unable
to connect to database 'gnucash'
as before.

Colin