[GNC] Reconciliation Question

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Thu Sep 6 12:54:53 EDT 2018

I was reconciling my bank statement for August 2018 the other day, and
everything balanced. Yeah!!

However, I also discovered that three transactions were inadvertently
deleted from October 2015 - two debits and one credit. Everything balances
because magically, the sum of the debits equals the credit for these three
deleted transactions.

I assume to fix the problem,

(1) I would re-enter the transactions, and then
(2) re-reconcile October 2015,

and that would be it.

I wanted to check with those more experienced in GnuCash to make sure I am
not missing an important step to get these transactions back into GnuCash
with the satisfying little "y" in the Reconciled column.

Thanks!

Mark