[GNC] Load another QIF file causes "that file already loaded" dialog.

James Thorpe James at fusionsystems.co.za
Fri Sep 7 05:03:01 EDT 2018

It's a minor annoyance but may be quite easily dealt with in code.

I haven't tested on other platforms but on Fedora 28 Linux, GnuCash
version 3.2, when importing multiple QIF files, the following happens-

Once you have selected the first QIF file and you get to the process
step "QIF files you have loaded", you have an option to "Load another
file" or to carry on to the next step of the import. At this point, I
typically load another (different) file so I can import multiple files
in one step.

What is annoying, though, is that when you click the "Load another
file", a dialog pops up to say "That QIF file is already loaded. Please
select another file." After closing this dialog, you can indeed select
another file from the subsequent file picker... and then all proceeds
well from there.

So the annoyance is just that this dialog is unnecessary and unhelpful,
especially the first time you do this.

I guess, the file picker is pre-populated with the file you've
previously loaded which then causes the warning dialog. Hopefully it's a
fairly minor thing to clear the file picker dialog when you click "Load
*another* file" and we can avoid this?

Should I report as a bug?

many thanks

James Thorpe