[GNC] Date Picker Info

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 10 15:07:34 EDT 2018

Hello,

In the course of looking at documentation improvements, I happened to look at the program code for the date cells in GnuCash, and I discovered that there are several quick keys for setting the date that I was unaware of, and I thought I’d share with the list.

Most of us know about using =/- to add or subtract a day to the date shown.

Some of us know that Shift =/- (_/+) increments a week at a time.

A few of us know that using CTRL =/- increments a year at a time.

But I wonder how many people know that m/M sets the date to the beginning of the month, and h/H set the date to the end of the month? Or that y/Y sets it to the beginning of the year, while r/R sets it to the end?

Interesting little UI factoids! Too bad for non-English speakers; as the mnemonics probably won’t make as much sense in French or German…

David