[GNC] FinanceQuote install broken on OSX

gnucash.dgr9z at ncf.ca gnucash.dgr9z at ncf.ca
Tue Sep 11 04:33:03 EDT 2018

Hi,

I am using Gnucash 3.2 on OSX 10.13.6 with the latest Xcode.

I’ve been using Gnucash for about 5 years. The FinanceQuote module stopped working some time mid 2017. I’m only getting around to looking into it now.

During the last several Gnucash/FinanceQuote updates, I have had errors with the FinanceQuote update script timing out trying to download certain components. Unfortunately, I did not make a note of which ones. I would then have a broken FinanceQuote, and trying to run fc scripts, w.g.

gnc-fq-dump

or

perl gnc-fq-dump

return file not found errors. i have tried:

mdfind gnc-fq-dump

and confirmed that I don’t have gnc-fq-dump. Presumably the other scripts are missing too.

I just tried updating again, but now the script tells me FinanceQuote is up to date and their is nothing to do (although it never did run without timeouts on downloads).

Can anyone suggest what the solution might be?

Thanks.