[GNC] GnuCash Friendly Accountant in Chicago

floppy5.25 giulio at cruton.info
Wed Sep 12 15:00:58 EDT 2018

On Monday, September 10, 2018 1:20:00 PM -05 kvn wrote:
> Hi
>
> Hope this is the right way to post.
>
> Iam in Chicago and am looking for an accountant that is familiar
> withGnuCash andable to take care of my tax accounting and filing  The
> accountants I have been working with are all Quicken based and are not
> that eager to investigate other platforms.
>
> Please let me know if you can direct me to a source for this information.
>

> Thanks

Kelly,

I do not believe someone has answered yet so here is my take on GNC and
Accountants in the US. In the past, I had trouble finding accountants familiar
with GNC or other accounting packages different than Quickbooks or Quicken.
However you should be able to find an accountant that is willing to work with
you if you give him the "right" report with taxable income and expenses.

The first year involves some work going back and forth to make sure you label
accounts the right way for taxes but after that, except in special cases
(which you should consult with your accountant anyway) you should be good to
go.

I used for many years GNC, them changed to SQL-Ledger for my business and kept
GNC for personal then Quickbooks and Quickbook Online only to end up back to
GNC which is better than the rest but involves a little more work from the
user (see above).

Hope the above helps a little.