[GNC] Error importing quicken 2017 qif / qfx

cicko alen.siljak at gmx.com
Mon Sep 17 10:17:38 EDT 2018

GnuCash - User mailing list wrote
> It’s not clear that the OP has determined that the content of their QIF
> file is properly structured ...
>
> The bug to which you refer addresses a very particular aspect of QIF
> import, while the OP is having troubles importing their Quicken data for
> the first time.

I hope you are not implying that a .qif file exported from Quicken, the
maker of the QIF standard, is "not properly structured". :)

The OP has indicated that he has "multiple securities and currencies" which
sounds pretty much with the scenario I had when the import failed. It could
very well be the exact same issue.

However, without a more comprehensive error message or a log we won't be
able to know more. One thing for the OP would be to check the GC log files,
which are generally placed in the Temp folder.

Not sure if that is convenient here, but I ended up manually entering all
the investment transactions for the financial year and not importing the
historical transactions due to this issue.