[GNC] Help required for debugging gnucash to find Segmentation fault error when saving from mysql to xml

Uli Hansen info at familie-hansen.name
Wed Sep 19 17:19:32 EDT 2018

Dear All,

please be aware that I run gdb the first time in my life to find this
problem.

When saving from mysql to xml I get a segmentation fault error:

Thread 1 "gnucash" received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
g_date_time_add (datetime=0x0, timespan=0) at
/build/glib2.0-7ZsPUq/glib2.0-2.48.2/./glib/gdatetime.c:1074
1074    /build/glib2.0-7ZsPUq/glib2.0-2.48.2/./glib/gdatetime.c: No such
file or directory

I already comiled the sources from 2.6.12 to dive into this problem.

I assume that the cause of my error is an empty date field somewhere in
my database.

In order to find the proper table and the id, I want to debug with gdb.

But honestly it's quiet complicated and I'm not familiar with gdb.

Can somebody give me a hint where to set a breakpoint. Which function is
called to convert from mysql to xml?

Which file/function could be a good startpoint for me?

Many thanks in advance.

Uli