[GNC] gnucash crashing in ubuntu 14.04

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Sep 24 11:14:25 EDT 2018

There is a flatpak but I believe it is still at version 2.6.19. It was made independently of the development team. However, one of the developers is working on taking over responsibility for it so it should soon be up to date. Certainly, 2.6.19 is a vast improvement over 2.6.1.

Otherwise, you could build from source. It is not very difficult. There are instructions on the wiki for 14.04. If you have any questions or run into any issues, just ask here on the list. If you decide to go this route, be sure to fully uninstall the current version on your system. (your data files will not be affected, but backups never hurt)

Regards,
Adrien