[GNC] Parent Directories not Reflecting Sub-Directory Totals

Dennis Marshall thedumbox at att.net
Mon Apr 1 11:33:05 EDT 2019

 Thank you for the reply. I set up the currency to the default USD when configuring the parent and sub-accounts. Opening the PriceDB shows that my securities are listed with USD CUR.

    On Monday, April 1, 2019, 7:04:42 AM EDT, Derek Atkins <derek at ihtfp.com> wrote:

 Hi,

On Mon, April 1, 2019 5:16 am, Dennis Marshall wrote:
>  Yes, I am looking at the account "tree". But why should I not see the
> totals of my investments reflected in the parent directory when I can see
> my bank totals reflected in the parent directory of my savings and
> checking account? Also, can you clarify what a CUR is? Thanks

CUR is "currency".  For example, "Total (USD)".  The default total column
only shows in the account commodity (which may be a currency, or may be a
stock or other fund).  In this case, different commodities are not rolled
up, because you cannot add Apples and Oranges together.  The "Total (CUR)"
means convert all values to the currency CUR and display that.

I'll note, however, that the roll up should occur anyways, but it does
require that you have an entry in the PriceDB back to your default
currency.  Do you have that entry?

-derek