[GNC] My experience importing 19 years of Quicken data into GnuCash

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Apr 2 13:48:26 EDT 2019

> On Apr 2, 2019, at 11:59 AM, no_more_quicken <nospam at peterskim.com> wrote:
>

> 5. I still haven't quite figured out the reporting framework; my goal is to
> generate an "expenses over the last X months grouped by month" report (i.e.,
> just like the "Expense Over Time" built-in chart, but in a table format with
> all the numbers for every account).  I found  this thread
> <http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/Monthly-Income-Expense-Reports-td1561239.html>
> from a decade ago but if anyone has any updated tips that would be
> appreciated.

While a Transaction Report might get you the data, I tend to like the Budget Report for its layout.

If you only want to see actual expenses, simply uncheck the “Show Budget” in the Display tab.

You can get each month/period in its own column, optionally have a total column, and everything is listed by account just like a P&L.

I think you have to setup a budget first to define the reporting period to get it to work. I haven’t tried it without one created.

Regards,
Adrien