[GNC] How To Process a Payment Without Invoicing?

Greg Feneis mfeneis at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 15:46:27 EDT 2019

(Win 7-64, GnuCash 3.5)

Hi Folks,

Usually, when I work for a client, I use GnuCash to generate an invoice
that details what I've done and what I expect to get paid and send that
invoice to the client.  Then, the clent pays me the amount on the invoice,
and when I receive the payment, in GnuCash I pay the invoice.

Recently, I started working for a client that automatically tracks what
I've done through an app on my phone and pays me accordingly (ACH deposits
directly to my business checking account  a few times per week).  So it
would seem I don't really need to generate an invoice to send them to get
them to pay me, so shouldn't need to generate an invoice at all.

But how do I record the payment in GnuCash appropriately without going
through the invoicing routine?

Thanks for any help

Kind regards,

Greg Feneis