[GNC] [GNC-dev] Account Balance does not match transaction history

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Apr 2 20:11:56 EDT 2019

Please copy the list on all replies. Since you didn't I've re-directed this to gnucash-user where it belongs.

If Income:Sales has sub accounts with transactions then the total shown on the Accounts Page will sum the balances of Income:Sales and all of its sub accounts. In most cases when you are categorizing things with sub accounts it's better to make the parent a placeholder account and put no transactions in it so that it's easy to see on the Accounts Page or a Balance Sheet report that the balances of the sub accounts sum up to the amount in the parent.

Regards,
John Ralls