[GNC] AR Asset differen t GL codes

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Wed Apr 3 12:03:39 EDT 2019

Not sure why you’d want to do that. If you’re using separate income accounts to track your sales, that should be sufficient. (I also offer IT services and have separate revenue accounts for each one)

A/R is just one big pile. It shouldn't need to be separated. GnuCash does track however who owes you what and for which invoices. You can see that by running a customer report and/or a receivables aging report. I suppose if you really need to see that you’re still owed $x for a particular service offered, you can either make up a report to do so, or if you are using one of the SQL backends, you can query the db for the info from A/R and the invoices. Sounds like a lot of work for little actionable information.

Did a CPA counsel to have separate A/R accounts by revenue stream? Some software (like for banks) keep separate accounts per customer, but I’ve never heard of separate A/R accounts per revenue source. You could pull it off, but you’d have to by-pass the business features entirely and make *all* of your entries manually.

Regards,
Adrien