[GNC] Keeping two sets of books

Stuart McGraw smcg4191 at mtneva.com
Wed Apr 3 19:09:51 EDT 2019

JFTR, the OP was using Mysql, I am using Postgresql.

I use many other Postgresql tools and have code (mine and third-party) that
accesses my databases (including the Gnucash ones) and have never had anything
make a peep about keyrings, only Gnucash.  Google Chrome, although it has
nothing to do with Postgresql, also generates the same kind of keyring prompts
(but I don't use it so I don't care).  I agree there is probably something
messed up on my system regarding the keyring and login, but I don't see that
Postgresql (and analogously Mysql) themselves care.  Which leaves Gnucash and
libdbi as the prime suspects.

Since, to me, the annoyance is less than the time it would probably take
to research/fix it, I will wait until I serendipitously encounter some post
from someone with the same problem who has fixed it.  Or until I upgrade
someday and the problem magically disappears. :-)