[GNC] AR Asset differen t GL codes

Christian Kluge frakturfreak at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 15:15:05 EDT 2019

Am 04.04.2019 um 00:36 schrieb David Cousens:

> The business features in GnuCash do not support multiple A/R accounts. There
> is only a single A/R account in GnuCash. I also tried doing this several
> years ago and discovered that while you could create A/R subaccounts, the
> business features did not function with any sub accounts by design.
>
> It is not really necessary to have more than one A/R account as all the
> invoices are linked to a specified customer and bills to a specified vendor,
> so you can use filtering on the customer to select customer specific
> information when you need it and remove that filtering when you don't in the
> relevant reports and you an customize the reports to your needs. The same
> applies to dealing with accounts payable and bills.
To give an outside perspective:

In the accounting program I use at work the A/R account is set up in the
way that you can’t enter any transaction directly into it but you have
to use seperate accounts for each customer. The A/R balance sheet
account then shows all transactions of the separate customer accounts
and the customer accounts are used to generate several reports.

Then same obviously applies for the accounts payable.

Kind regards

Christian Kluge