[GNC] Fonts

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Fri Apr 5 13:04:23 EDT 2019

Good call. Since it was a one-line file it might still fly. While I haven’t written CSS on Windows in years, I seem to recall needing to download a separate editor because Notepad couldn’t do it. (and I think that was one of the early reasons why Notepad++ was released) I don’t have a Win10 installation to test if MS changed the line-ending behavior or at least added the Unix/Linux option.

Update - before sending this I did a little web search. It seems MS sort of fixed this in Win10. Notepad will now correctly *open* an existing file saved with LF or CR only endings created by apps in Unix/Linux. BUT, for newly created files, will default to the traditional CR+LF endings Windows Notepad has always used. No info on if they ever added a preference to default to LF or CR for new files however. Also no info on if you open an existing Unix/Linux file and edit it, which ending will be used. (mixed endings? what a mess!)

In addition to Notepad++ there is also an app called Notepad2, both of which can be set to use either LF by default for new files. (among many other editors of course)

Regards,
Adrien