[GNC] Error While Saving in GnuCash 3.5 on Win7-64

Greg Feneis mfeneis at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 21:25:29 EDT 2019

nvsoar wrote:

For info - See
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/fileio/naming-a-file
for acceptable characters in Win 10 file names - '&' is a reserved
character.

Thanks for the link, but I can't find where it mentions & is a reserved
character.

I found this, though:

Use any character in the current code page for a name, including Unicode
characters and characters in the extended character set (128–255), except
for the following:

   -

   The following reserved characters:
   - < (less than)
      -

      (greater than)

      - : (colon)
      - " (double quote)
      - / (forward slash)
      - \ (backslash)
      - | (vertical bar or pipe)
      - ? (question mark)
      - * (asterisk)

It used to work on 2.6.21.  It still saves to a path with "thorough c & d"
in it, but the path needs to be shorter FSR.

Kind regards,

Greg Feneis <http://www.linkedin.com/in/electromechanical>