[GNC] v3.5 Save Times

Ian K ik522000 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Apr 6 12:07:45 EDT 2019

I have to say reading this post made me check out 3.5, as versions up to 3.3
were really unusably slow on saving, so I was still using 2.6.21.
I normally check the release notes when a new release comes out and the bug
Bug 795804 - Extremely slow save
is still listed as a Known Issue, so I hadn't bothered.

I don't know what the devs have done but 3.5 is not only faster than 3.3,
it's also much faster saving than 2.6.
For example, my >8yrs worth of data file took 9.1 seconds to save on 2.6.21,
and now on 3.5 it's 3.5 sec.

This is a huge imporvement. Maybe have another look at the bug and see if
something has unwittingly fixed it.
Anyway thanks!

(Windows 10 Pro, build 17763.404)